• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Does this side wall business make much difference?

My front left tyre is dead, as I've not rotated them as I should. Any way, it seems choosing tyres there are lots of opinions etc.

Lots of people say the EP3 needs a stiff side walled tyre such as the bridgestones, the stock being the 40 but other people use 50 or 50a? I think.

I've read fantastic reviews of goodyear eagle f1 assymetric II's, but then people slate them for having too soft a side wall? The car is currently on Yokohama parada spec 2's, which are OK, but traction in the wet is laughable.

The eagle f1's are about £99-105 or so a corner online, which is a tad expensive for tyres. But on tyreman at least the re050a are £115.

Has anyone actually in reality themselves tried both of these back to back? Would these two compare favorably with the parada spec 2's?

I have the parada spec 2's too! wet isn't overly great but I find dry is really good.
What profile tyre do you have? Im running 215 35 18 I find the ride little hard and would ideally like to go little bigger! 40 or 45 for little softer ride. Do you track your car?

No don't track it. Not yet any way. My current tyres which were put on by previous owner are 215/40/17. I've seen people using 215/45, or 205/40 and various combo's on here though.

Definitely getting the good year eagle f1 assymetric 2's I think. Just need to find what size is best?

The parada spec 2's are a good tyre in dry mate. Abp say to upgrade to 215! stock are 205 so I would keep it 215 as for your profile i would stay with 40 - 45!. 50 is going to flex lot more.
To get the most grip I would get the fast road set up mate makes so much difference turn in is loads better too.

Yeah I know. But I'm tight with money when it comes to mods lol. Maintenance I'll spend as much as required, not mods sadly! Otherwise it would have been mapped 6 months ago. A map+a FRS though i'd imagine the cars pretty fun on a track.

Do you track yours?

Funny you should ask was talking about it today not done one in the car yet have on bike though! But only because wanted to sort brakes out first and thats sorted now so should be soon.

Back