• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Done my MAC today with Steve Morley

SpaceMonkey

Midget Wannabe
Well today I got round to doing my MAC course with Steve Morley.

The day started bright & early & we went for a nice little get to know ya chat & a cuppa.

From the off Steve was a diamond! Proper down to earth, approachable & knowledgeable.

So off we went......

Had my drive & then Steve went through some points over another brew.
Then it was on to the demo drive :shock:

OMG that fella can drive, but could give a commentary almost as fast as he was driving. :twisted:
I was sooo impressed it was untrue.

So then it was my turn.....after a bit of work, I was doing pretty well & Steve was impressed with the progress.

We looked @ cornering, positioning, use of gears & observation.
After this we moved onto braking & actually very impressed with the CTR's braking capabilities & even managed a measured brake from 40mph.

Then a bit of motorway work on the way back.

The day was very enjoyable & the time flew.
I can honestly say I will try my best to carry on to use the bits I learnt today & will say to anyone that is in two minds about doing it......

JUST DO IT!!!!

P.S. Steve still goes to the Garden Centre for luncheon :lol:

I had my MAC booking form arrive in the post the other day. :D

I bought the CTR in Sept 03. :?

At the John Pease Honda Meet last week there was a MAC dude there and I mentioned my lack of MAC.

Now I have MACtion. :wink:

Can't wait for the spring, not sending it off whilst it is winter. :twisted:

Scousefella said:
I had my MAC booking form arrive in the post the other day. :D
I bought the CTR in Sept 03. :?

I 've also just had the form arrive and got the car the same time as you...I didn't even know you were entitled to it!
I've spazzed all my holiday this year and next year's already allocated. Is it a whole day thing or could I fit it into an afternoon?

part time said:
I 've also just had the form arrive and got the car the same time as you...I didn't even know you were entitled to it!
I've spazzed all my holiday this year and next year's already allocated. Is it a whole day thing or could I fit it into an afternoon?

Steve was saying yesterday, they are pushing the some of the older cars as some there are a lot of courses that haven't been taken as yet.

You can do it in a afternoon, Steve has one Friday, but thinks the all day'er is a better option.

Just passing on what I was told......so up to you mate.

LMAO!!! Steve is indeed a top bloke. I think you must have done exactly the same route as me....down to the South Coast via the Garden Centre, back via the M2, drop him off in Swanley.

Yep, I remember that garden centre....must have been two and a half years ago now. When he's driving and talking, the man really is a don. Think I managed to get the conversation onto his nicely riping daughter, she was 17ish iirc, though could well be wrong as it was some time ago. Amazed I made it back alive....

good stuff lee

sounds good :)

so u learnt a lot?

do u feel liek u can handle the car better?

i hear he teaches u how drive without using the v-tec all the time

Tec - The Garden Center grub is good stuff :wink:

Rossi - Put it this way, it's alot to take in & use within one day tbh mate.

I'd like to think it's made me more aware of potential dangers & also more economical.

The cornering stuff will be put into practise when I get a chance on some decent B roads, but the method is very simple & easy applicable I'd say mate. I'll explain @ the RR :D

Not VTEC once the WHOLE day :shock:

Back