• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Door Ajar Light And Alarm Problems - CAT D Type R EP3

Hi Team

Me again!!!

I recently bought another type r but this one seems to be a bit of a dog!

She is a CAT D insurance write off to begin with but it was very minor, a car rolled backwards into the passenger side door, the door has been replaced but since then the "door ajar" light stays on when both doors are shut, you can press the switch and the light goes off...I'm guessing the door isn't shut completly but I can guarantee it is, I've tried packing out the door frame to help push in the switch but no joy, maybe the door needs realigning?
Also another thing...as the door light stays on this is effecting my car alarm, the central locking opens the door but WON'T lock it, I have to manually lock it by the key...the horn has been disconnected to stop any alarms going off but I'm not happy with this and would like it all sorted, can I get a new alarm system fitted (aftermarket or genuine) to resolve this or do I need to try fix the door and continue with investigation?

Any help is appreciated.

Post some pics up, we'll be able to tell your fairly quickly if the door is in alignment or not...

Iphone Camera

Post some pics up, we'll be able to tell your fairly quickly if the door is in alignment or not...

Hi Scruffy

Many thanks for looking into this for me, whats your email address and I'll send them over to you, for some reason my uploader on this site isn't working...comes up with errors?

Top man, much appreciated.

Back