• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Door strip down needed

I'm not a fan of big ICE installs they're so chav. I have always had a pair of decent components in my cars for some quality sound in the front. I don't even like driving with loud music, quality sounds at nice levels is the way to go. My left focal comp isn't working properly as the audio place I used is so over rated, I believe it to be bad workmanship. I can't find the guide on stripping the door out to check my connections. Anybody post a link for me?
It will be interesting to see how much dynamat they actually used too, as it doesn't sound like much. :rolleyes:

It's easy to remove the door cards. Use a smally screwdriver to push out the silver panel in the door handle, then underneath the armrest at the front edge is a small slot, put a scredriver in the and ease that corner off, this will reveal all the screew that hold the door. You have 3 big ones holding the door panel in place and a number of smaller ones holding the handle and switches (I removed all of them to make taking the switch connectors off easier).
Once removed full along the bottom of the door panel for a gap, this is big enough to fit a panel remover in, work your way around the door popping all the securing clips and your done. Lift the door panel up (minding not to scratch the door frame and you will need to bend the panel slightly at the top to free it past the wing mirror cover.

Hope that helps

Cheers Beard I'm in a profusely tired lazy mood today.
Just hope it's a loose wire, that's my guess.

It's easy to remove the door cards. Use a smally screwdriver to push out the silver panel in the door handle, then underneath the armrest at the front edge is a small slot, put a scredriver in the and ease that corner off, this will reveal all the screew that hold the door. You have 3 big ones holding the door panel in place and a number of smaller ones holding the handle and switches (I removed all of them to make taking the switch connectors off easier).
Once removed full along the bottom of the door panel for a gap, this is big enough to fit a panel remover in, work your way around the door popping all the securing clips and your done. Lift the door panel up (minding not to scratch the door frame and you will need to bend the panel slightly at the top to free it past the wing mirror cover.

Hope that helps

:D ;)

I'm thinking after reading the how-to which is linked above, that the doorcard design is the same on the EP3 as it was on the older civics - consisting on a number of pop studs and a slotted clip.

I havent done it on my EP3 simply because I know it was such a bitch of a job on my old civvie. Getting the doorcard off isn't so much a problem - its getting the bloody thing back on again which is a royal PITA.

Just be sure the slotted clip is located properly when you re-fit it to the door. If it misses and you don't realise at the time, there will be a noticeable gap near your wing mirror cover once everything is back together. NOT a good design in terms of assembly.

Back