• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Doorcard rattles

NickCTR

Moron
Any bass results in :ghey: rattles from the doorcards. Will Dynamat be too thick to replace the thin original thin strips of sticky rubber?
Or is Dynamat only good for sound deadening?

Any other ideas?

TIA

my drivers card does the same mate.
i have narrowed mine down to the card vibrating on the edge that touches the metal on the door and will be putting on sum single sided sticky foam strips i have this weekend to see it solves the problem.

i have narrowed mine down to the card vibrating on the edge that touches the metal on the door and will be putting on sum single sided sticky foam strips i have this weekend to see it solves the problem.

You mean some single sided sticky foam.

I've found that fortunately, my door cards don't rattle unless the bass is ridiculous. My rear offside speaker cover used to rattle with only the slightest of bass, but that was sorted with a select placing of blutack. :p

Had the same problem and had the same thought as you, so put a bit of super glue on the end of the panel that viabrated against the metal and that cured it. :)

Had the same problem and had the same thought as you, so put a bit of super glue on the end of the panel that viabrated against the metal and that cured it. :)

Going to have a go at mine this weekend did you just use superglue? Where did you put it at the top left corner of the door card nearest the drivers door mirror? or all the way up?

Going to have a go at mine this weekend did you just use superglue? Where did you put it at the top left corner of the door card nearest the drivers door mirror? or all the way up?

Mines was rattling the other end (near the open close knob) top corner, popped a small bit of superglue in and used Duck tape to keep the metal and door trim together until dry. Cured the rattle a treat, seems the card vibrates against the metal, you could also use a small peice of rubber between the door card and metal which may work :)

I wouldn't use superglue fellas, if you need to remove the doorcard in the future to repair electric windows/door handles/central locking etc, it will be an expensive job. £150 for a doorcard IIRC

I wouldn't use superglue fellas, if you need to remove the doorcard in the future to repair electric windows/door handles/central locking etc, it will be an expensive job. £150 for a doorcard IIRC

As long as you remember use a knife to remove the glue before removing the card you should be fine :eek:

Right as i was replacing my door handles and putting some tweeter mounts in i thought i would have a go at fixing the most annoying rattle ever coming from my door card. I used window insulation strip bought from B&Q and here are a few pictures to show how i did it.

100_1474.jpg

100_1476.jpg

100_1478.jpg

fits nice and tight to the strip so cannot touch metal and gives it no chance to rattle :D

Now when will the next one raise its ugly head :rolleyes:

Did the door card fit back on no problem? And did you snap any of the white clips?

All went back on perfect nothing snapped it fits very nicely. I originally folded one strip over the top of the door but this was going to cause me problems, as you say putting the card back on. So what i did was only put half a strip at the very top as you can see in the picture with none folding over the top of the door.

How much was the insulation strip? No rattles at all now?

Fiver! i didn't buy it especially i already had it in the cupboard. I also used it on my parcel shelf a few months back, its really useful stuff.

And yes no rattles been out in the car quite a bit tonight so has had every chance to rattle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Might have to try this when I get new speakers then, although I experience less rattles now I have upgraded the head unit.

Back