• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Doors don't open

In the process of wrapping my fn2. Started with passanger door stripped it all, wrapped and handle put it all back together except putting door card back. Everything worked fine. Started drivers same thing stripped down, wrapped, put handle back in, door card is left off. But now both doors won't unlock from inside or out, boot is open so can get in and out. Key won't work in the lock either. Sounds like it unlocks and instantly locks. I'm lost now any help is help lol. Thanks (apologies for long post)

Check you haven't knocked any wires out of the actuator, particularly in the drivers door side.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where abouts would I be looking? Down in the actual door where it meets the grabber(bit that holds door closed to rear) thanks

There’s a button that locks all doors on the driver side isn’t there? Sounds an awful lot like something is up with that but I guess that should affect the boot too?

Out of interest push that button in if it’s currently out to see if it changes behaviour at all. Might need two people. One to press within the car and one to test the handles from the outside. Just an idea in case that switch has been somehow refitted incorrectly

From what I can see the button works off the cable? The door card isn't fitted so no buttons or anything are connected I just have the 2 open and lock cables loose and can pull them. But they clunk as if they unlock the door but they both stay locked shut. Will attempt to pull the handle back out tommorow and see if I can see anything. Only thing I have noticed is that the black pieces that you squeeze to open the door seem loose and not how they used to.

Back