• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Double Din Advice?

And

I am lookng at getting a double din for my ep3, not looking for anything flash, just a nice head unit? any one got any advice?

Thanks

And

MOD EDIT

No sales outside of the classified area.
Or without less than 50 posts.
And learn to spell!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am liking the standered sat nav double din, I've seen afew on eBay, is there any thing I should look out for and what will I need to fit it?

Chears

Check this out

devil84 said:
Hi Salem,
Tttt
I can help you with this as I was in the same predicment a year ago. I did alot oF reasearch into this and came to the Following conclusion:

Go For the Kenwood DNX series, the entry level is 52** series. There are 3 (soon to be 4) models based on the year it was released: 5220BT = 2008, 5240BT 2009, 5260BT-2010, 5280BT coming out soon. BT denotes bluetooth model

Despite being the entry level, it has a vast range oF Features:
- Garmin Sat Nav
- Parrot Bluetooth with external mic
- rear usb with wire so you route into glove box
- TV optional
- DVD
- 6.1 inch touch screen
I got a rear view cam hooked up to mine.

I have the DNX5220BT [got mine From ebay a year ago] and have no regrets, I can take pics oF how it is Fitted iF you wish.
I would go For the DNX5240/60 maybe, so you can get a more up to date map. They cost £150 to updafte From garmin.

Here is the DNX 5260BT. http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product_m-kenwood-dnx-5260bt_p-26022.htm

There is a DNX 7*** and 9*** series also, they have a larger screen and a bit more Features.

Let me know iF you have any questions. Apologies or the capital F, my F button is not working! arrhhh, had to ctrl v to get into this message.

I seen a Pioneer DVD car stereo AVH 1400DVD that is in my price range, having never fitted a double unit before I am unsre what I will need? can any one help me out with what I will need?

Thanks

Back