• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

double din head units, fit ok in ep3??

I have been wanting to get a double din screen head unit for a while, however I have read a few posts saying that they do not fit properly in the ep3 :eek:

is this the case with all double din head unit in ep3's??? :confused:

yeah that's what I thought!! :confused:

so any double din size head unit will fit fine in the Ep3, no sanding or cutting needed :lol:

no they wont fit nice and neat, the unit will fit fine but the finishing trim / bezel wont fit

this is how i made my old double din fit
KenwoodDVD.jpg

I had to shave the bezel around the double din unit to allow it to slide in the hole. No double din facia on the market im afraid

ohhh i see, thanks :)

so the actual fitments is fine in terms of the cage and screws etc but just the final outer trimming surround needs work!

that is correct, the double din slides straight into the CTR cage. I had to redrill my cage so I could bolt the unit in lower to make it look good, I also used a belt sander to evenly shave the bezel trim down.

approx 7 months ago I sold the unit (kenwood ddx6029) for £250 and went back to a single din with rear usb support at the time it was only 6 months old and was already modified to fit any CTR

that is correct, the double din slides straight into the CTR cage. I had to redrill my cage so I could bolt the unit in lower to make it look good, I also used a belt sander to evenly shave the bezel trim down.

approx 7 months ago I sold the unit (kenwood ddx6029) for £250 and went back to a single din with rear usb support at the time it was only 6 months old and was already modified to fit any CTR

Ive got a 1996 JDM ITR and im trying to fit a single din into a gap for a double din. Its a nightmare trying to find a facia that will fit in the double din sized hole, with a gap in it for a single din.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

do you need a harness adapter for the double din crv sat nav to work in the ep3 because when i plugged it in my civic nothing happens at all???

Thanks gusman, i do love my car as it is different in blue. I may be forced to sell soon though as i am being made redundent and thinking of doing some travelling. :(

Im not sure if anyone here has any new info on a double din adaptor?

Couldn't find matching facia

Hi,

I recently bought a JVC KW-AVX730 for £356.99 and paid £160 for it to be fitted in my Civic EP3.

Included in the fitting price was a silver facia for £70. I was quite annoyed when I found it didn't match the rest of the dash, but have got used to it.

See attachment for picture.

Chris

P8061344-small..jpg

Hi,

I recently bought a JVC KW-AVX730 for £356.99 and paid £160 for it to be fitted in my Civic EP3.

Included in the fitting price was a silver facia for £70. I was quite annoyed when I found it didn't match the rest of the dash, but have got used to it.

See attachment for picture.

Chris

View attachment 5774

:shock: It doesn't even need a fascia!

hi iv got ep3 type r im wantin a double din dvd / cd player for mine.just wondering whats best to get and were from? heard alot a people go on a bout surrounds etc after theyv been fitted and not lookin right?????????????
chriswilsonuk that pic looks sound to me nice tidy job

Hi Mortin - thanks.

I got my head unit from www.caraudiodirect.co.uk, excellent service and next day delivery.

My advice would be to pay a bit more for a better one though. The GUI on mine is quite disappointing and for an extra £100/£200 it could be so much better. If it's features you want though , check out www.chinavasion.com - you can get double din head units with Wifi and Sat Nav for £250.

My plastic fasia looks cheap and rubbish. Aparantly it's the only one you can get but you don't need it.

ok sound mate will have a look tnyt online.i *** imagine the chinese ones *** be a bit cheap n tacky *** maybe???? ive seen alot of them for sale that ive never heard of

Back