• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Double Din Questions

Right this is bit stupid really as I just brought a double din for the Civic but was wondering whether I need to buy a cage, as the one I have brought doesn't come with one. Also wiring, I was wondering whether I could strip the wires and wire it that way as bloke who had the car before me really fucked it up! Big time!

I wouldn't advise cutting up the loom in the car. Get an ISO connector block for the civic and then you can strip the wires on the connector block to wire up the headunit.

The back of the standard facia also has a pretty substantial frame that most head units will bolt to.

Can't say for certain that the stereo you have doesn't need a cage anyway to fit, but if it wasn't supplied with one originally it more than likely won't need it.

Back