• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Double din set up (Post pictures)

Many people got a double din unit? Whether you got a touch screen or full on radio set up I'd like to see photos please and feedback. This is something I've thought about before I even paid for my car but now I'm uncertain due to negative vibes like "It'll be open to theives" or what not. Thoughts?

Interested to see some double dins too, had my EP3 less than a week and already hate the aftermarket single din unit that's in it, the space looks like it's made for a double.

276ae1c3a845250e30803ac2c3522857.jpg

Here's mine. Don't let potential thieves put you off or you'll never own anything nice for fear of losing it. Always wanted one and now I have a car that is perfect for one I thought sod it, why not!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my first ep3 I had a touch screen with a removable face as I was worried about theft etc.
But after a while of having it I really wished I gone with a fixed unit, especially after the screen got smashed.
The touch screens I think are particularly nice.

I currently have one very similar to tuckers above but a kenwood unit.

If you go for one like above and not the touch screen type, go for the alpine or Kenwood style ones with the volume knob in the centre, makes it much easier to reach for when driving.
Iv had one with the volume knob on the left and found myself having to sit forward every time to adjust.

But go double din they look much better I think

That's exactly why I wanted the fixed unit Jimbo, I'm more worried about dropping the thing than having it nicked. Must admit I would have loved a touchscreen although for a good quality one that is very responsive I would have had to fork out a lot more than what I paid for mine. It's only an entry level unit but has everything I need. 100% agree that double din looks much better, fits so well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's mine, it's a Pioneer AVH-X1600 CD/DVD player. The facia around the actual unit rattles a bit from the exhaust but I will happily live with it :)

Edit - sorry if the image is slightly small but hopefully you get the idea.

Attachments

• 7.png
    7.png
    254.2 KB · Views: 41
Last edited by a moderator:
Back