• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Double din surround

Very strange, I have painted and fitted at least at least 40 consoles with all manner of stereos, I have never had a problem with the fit between the stereo surround and fascia.

Very strange, I have painted and fitted at least at least 40 consoles with all manner of stereos, I have never had a problem with the fit between the stereo surround and fascia.

Mate i´m talking only about the gap between the radio an the center console..without a fascia!;)

Hmm... I've just had the whole thing to pieces. The surround is the right one for the head unit and it fits when its not in the dash! However as leandro seems to have sound out, the surround doesn't actually fit in the centre console.
I'll have a go at getting that skinny surround. Failing that, I'll take it apart and custom up a fibreglass surround!!!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Mate i´m talking only about the gap between the radio an the center console..without a fascia!;)

Why would you fit the stereo and surround without a fascia? It looks awful. Really, really awful.

Hmm... I've just had the whole thing to pieces. The surround is the right one for the head unit and it fits when its not in the dash! However as leandro seems to have sound out, the surround doesn't actually fit in the centre console.
I'll have a go at getting that skinny surround. Failing that, I'll take it apart and custom up a fibreglass surround!!!

I have the pioneer surround which came with the head unit:
3a9epa9u.jpg

The pioneer surround does not fit as the gap at the top is too small:
uturyvez.jpg

This is clearly not a surround, it is a FASCIA for a car with a rectangular stereo recess, i.e. not a civic EP3. The surround (which is missing) would fit between the stereo and this fascia. It has also been (very poorly) trimmed with a craft knife, which suggests to me that you bought this second hand. I guess that the seller has not included the surround, THIS IS THE PART YOU NEED. It will almost certainly fit the EP3 fascia, because 99% of car stereos are standard sizes.

The black surround is the surround which came with the stereo when I bought it new which does NOT fit the gap between the head unit and the dash board, otherwise I would not have started this thread. I trimmed the SURROUND to fit in the gap but gave up as it wasn't working, hence the poor quality. I agree it doesn't look the best without a properly fitting fascia.

If by ' surround' you are referring to this part;

Then no, it doesn't fit and it never will, because IT IS NOT A SURROUND. It is a generic fascia for a car with a rectangular recess, you already have the equivalent part for your car - the silver fascia that is a poor colour match to the rest of your dashboard. What you need is a surround to fit between the stereo and your silver fascia.

This black part is not useful, take it and throw it in the bin. It is wrong, incorrect, not useful, unsuitable, incompatible..... Am I being clear enough?

Refer back to this picture:

You already have the part shown by the red arrow, this is the silver fascia that you purchased. You do NOT have the surround, the part shown by the green arrow. This should have come with the stereo, and should be available from Pioneer. You will not get aftermarket surrounds, only genuine Pioneer products will fit your stereo.

Mate... the black surround is the SURROUND for the stereo, it belongs to nothing else, it is not off another vehicle as it came in the brand new pioneer box with my brand new pioneer stereo from pioneer, it came with the stereo, it fits the stereo when not in the car and is specically designed for this stereo with clips and locating pins being a prefect match. Here is a picture of the stereo a SURROUND fitting the head unit when it isn't installed in the dash board...
2etegy6y.jpg

And here is a picture of the same surround NOT fitting in the hole in the dash board....
a7atagam.jpg

In that last photo I can see clips on the top edge of the black part that clip into the dash, they look like an exact match for the ones on any fascia. It is a fascia. It is not compatible with your car. It is not the part you need. Seriously, why is this so hard to understand?

The surround will fit very neatly into the hole in your silver fascia, it will clip onto the metal cage. This is the part you need.

I've done some googling, I hope this helps.

These are the kind of parts you are looking for. These are a rough guide to what you need, not the specific part for your stereo. I don't have the part number for your stereo, it should be on the original packaging, using that you should be able to find what you need

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/Accessories/AV-Components/ADT-VA133

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pioneer-Avh-1400-2400-4400-8400-bt-doubledin-stereo-cage-/171279346512

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Pioneer-Doub...4?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item5afe6ac700

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pioneer-D...d=100011&prg=9312&rk=3&rkt=10&sd=281109857379

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Pioneer-AVH-...9?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item2338242a23

As you can see in the pictures, the surround clips onto the mounting cage NOT the dashboard.

Why would you fit the stereo and surround without a fascia? It looks awful. Really, really awful.

This is clearly not a surround, it is a FASCIA for a car with a rectangular stereo recess, i.e. not a civic EP3. The surround (which is missing) would fit between the stereo and this fascia. It has also been (very poorly) trimmed with a craft knife, which suggests to me that you bought this second hand. I guess that the seller has not included the surround, THIS IS THE PART YOU NEED. It will almost certainly fit the EP3 fascia, because 99% of car stereos are standard sizes.

Jimbo, Greig asked for a surround trim and I just tryed to help him..I didn't say him to fit the stereo without a fascia..but for me isn't that awful anyway!;) In my case there are no fascia avaiable for my car..In Portugal every Type r are manual Ac..there's no fascia..only for lhd or rhd cars with auto AC!

:)

Why would having Ac or not make a difference to a stereo surround?
The button is either there or blanked off?
TBH wish I didn't read this thread just wound me up for no reason

Jimbo, Greig asked for a surround trim and I just tryed to help him..I didn't say him to fit the stereo without a fascia..but for me isn't that awful anyway!;) In my case there are no fascia avaiable for my car..In Portugal every Type r are manual Ac..there's no fascia..only for lhd or rhd cars with auto AC!

:)

I'm not criticizing your contribution Leandro. I was commenting on the large number of people that fit expensive aftermarket stereos in a half-hearted and slapdash manner. It is possible to find fascias to fit your dashboard, I've seen them. I will have a look when I get a chance and see if I can find them again.

Leandro's car has a different centre console layout to a UKDM model.

I was getting pretty frustrated last night too....

Last edited by a moderator:

Jimbodeeni this is my car with manual clima:

screengrab

This is a RHD car with auto Ac:

image hosting free

Rhd Fascia:

images hosting

LHD car NON Type r( in Portugal wasn´t possible select auto ac on CTR..only manual ac):

image upload without registration

Fascia for LHD car AUTO AC:

click image upload

Now for my car the only solution that I found was the trim that I mentioned before..I´ve searched on the internet and the fascia for manual ac were all made by the owners..
Maybe if I bought a lhd fascia and a rhd fascia I could make one of them to fit my car..

I hope I have explained myself well! :)

jimbothemagnificent if you find that fascia I´ll be much appreciated!;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back