• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Double din units

ok im looking to buy a double din unit for my ctr, not for ipod use though. hate itunes and thats one of the reasons i got rid of my alpine ida-x200.
Prefferably something which uses memory cards as a can get them dirt cheap.
JVC seems like good value for money are they actually any good though?

They dont fit out of the box, i had loads of trouble to make my kenwood fit and TBO was a fad and sold it 6 months later
KenwoodDVD.jpg

now bought a Sony with rear usb support i just use flash drives for music and have two 4gig flash drives in the car. that is 2000 tracks more than enough, easy to add and remove tracks sounds great and hidden in glove box

Kenwood ddx6029 and the trouble is that the hole is to small for a double din, i had to drill the cage behind the dash to bolt the unit in lower, then shave / sand about 6mm from the top and bottom of the double din facia trim bearing in mind if i got it wrong i dont think i could buy another without buying the complete unit

Did you have to get a fitting adapter for it? I am looking to make a carputer for mine and want a touch screen up front. have you got pic's of ur install from begining to end.

Kenwood ddx6029 and the trouble is that the hole is to small for a double din, i had to drill the cage behind the dash to bolt the unit in lower, then shave / sand about 6mm from the top and bottom of the double din facia trim bearing in mind if i got it wrong i dont think i could buy another without buying the complete unit

borrocks, just bought a double din kenwood from the same family as yours i think (dnx7200)

Did you have to get a fitting adapter for it? I am looking to make a carputer for mine and want a touch screen up front. have you got pic's of ur install from begining to end.

please look above, their is no fitting adapter on the market:eek: I had to modify the dvd unit to make it smaller to fit flush in the hole. Like i said i shaved / sanded about 6mm from the top and bottom of the facia trim to allow this to fit flush with the hole. Please note if you get this wrong i think you have to buy another dvd unit to get another trim to try again, IMO not worth the hassle or risk

I'm looking at replacing my DC2 double din unit. As it's a JDM does anyone know whether the UK ISO leads will be compatible with the Jap wiring?

Back