• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Drivers door won’t open from the inside

Ok 04 facelift ep3. Searched all the door locking threads but couldnt find an answer. Literally came home from work today, turned the ignition off, went to open the door and basically head butted the glass as the door handle wouldn’t release the door. Very strange? Nothing abnormal happened. The passenger side inside door handle works fine. Door locks and opens fine with fob, starts fine etc but when you are in the car you cannot use the handle to get out of the car.

I have to turn the ignition on to wind the window down to open the door from the outside, wind the window back shut then lock the car normally with the fob…. odd?! May I add when pulling the door handle there is no resistance or notch.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like the cable has come off inside door handle.

It'll probably be very obvious when you take the door card off.

I had what seems to be the same issue after i changed my front speakers and put the door card back on, turns out theres a clip that holds the cable onto the door from the handle it had just popped out of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cheers guys, hopefully that is the problem. A nice cheap fix for once haha. Will whip the door card off this weekend for a quick inspection

Back