• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Driver's seat - pulled thread

Hi,

A zip on the back of from my combats caught the seat yesterday and pulled a thread about 2" long out in the red fabric. My other half who is quite handy at sewing managed the thread it back in, however there appears to be what looks like a dent about 1.5" out from the left hand side of the drivers seat, obviously where the thread pulled the material tighter. :mad: :smt091

Just wondered if it were possible for a professional repair so that it's like new again? Presumably I'm not the first one it's happened to with these seats, being the material it is, and wondered what happened if Honda received a car part ex with similar. They have a company/tradesman that repairs minor bodywork or upholstery blemishes before being re-sold right?

Just wondered if anyone has had similar in the Kent Area, and who they used and if they come recommended?

Cheers guys.

Hi mate,

I had exactly the same problem on the passenger side of my car seat. I used a needle (thick one) to push it back into the seat, you would never even know it happened. Saved me a small fortune in having them refurbished.

Ill take a photo if you like.

Lee

Hi Lee,

Yes please if you would mate, that's much appreciated. Either post on here or email me.

Do you still have the crease where the thread pulled or has that gone too? Wondering if the material will stretch again over time and it will get less noticeable?

Did you have a crease in the material when you initially pulled it?

No worries I'll do that for you. What do you mean by crease? I had a pull of thread that came out the base of the seat. I don't quite know what you mean

Thanks mate, much appreciated.

Yeah sorry. When the thread pulled, it appeared to pull the material tight on the seat for about 1.5" out from the edge. Although i've managed to work the thread back through, the crease in the material caused by the pull has remained.

I'll try and photograph it later :)

Hi mate, as promised:

Close up photo shows where the pulls were but you have to concentrate to see them.
20z9u7d.jpg

The far away one you cant see them much at all.
14cgq9x.jpg

Nice one thanks mate. I'll take some pictures of my seat over the weekend and will post them up here the first time i get chance. :)

Your's look a pretty straight forward repair..............I've threaded the stitch back in in mine, but it's left evidence! :(

You'll always leave a trace no matter how well you do it. It depends how much you can live with it and how much you think it will notice. It was worth trying yourself though as if you do balls it up you can still get it done professionally for the same price..

Back