• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Driveshaft heatshield driving me f**king nutz!!!!

Hi Everyone,
Well as the title suggests I'm having problems with the driveshaft heatshield on my CTR. My car is a 51 plate and Ive had her after she was 6 months old. The heatshield over the driveshaft started rattling after I had owned her for a year or so. It was still under warrenty when it first occured so I took it to the dealer and the mechanic stopped the noise, I asked him what he had done and he said that he took a hammer to it a whacked it untill it stopped!!!!!
The noise went away untill about six months down the line when it started happening again so I took it back and the same thing happened again. well the warrenty ran out so when I went back again the mechanic (from an official honda dealer!) said there was nothing he could do, he suggested I turn my stereo up!! not really the advice I was looking for.
I really dont know what to do about this noise, it happens at about 2500/3000 rpm and again at 4000/4500 rpm. It can get quite load at times and is audible by people I drive past.
It's completly driving me nutz and if I'm honest, spoiling my enjoyment of the car....
I'm sure this is a problem that some of you will of heard of before so PLEASE somebody help me...
So, my question is, given that the dealer says there's naff all he can do to fix it (or is he just bullshitting me?), can it be removed permanently? It's there for a reason I suppose. Will taking it off damage the driveshaft in any way??
I dont take her on track days or anything like that but she does get used alot on the weekends.
Yours hopefully CTR number2069......:confused:

Short, but sweet. Your a mod so you must know what your talking about....thanx for the advice. First thing 2moz i'm having the dam thing taken off.....

Wedge try adding some metal washers and tighten it.

I have a mate who had the same issue let me find out how he resloved it.

My annoying heatshield was not the driveshaft heatshield. It was the catalyst heatshield. I just wrapped 2 stainless steel cable ties round it. Sorted :p

Back