• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Driveshaft Heatshield

Hi all, I know it is quite common for the driveshaft heatshield to work loose and Im gonna take the car to the garage after the weekend, but where is the heatshield located?

I cant cope with the annoying rattle between 3,000 rpm and 3,700 rpm, hope is is this. It only does it between those revs whenever im in gear or not, or clutch engaged or not.

Could it be anything else?

Cheers in advance

Don

jack the car up or use ramps and go under the engine and look up towards the drive shafts. you will see a guard now this has wirewool type mesh washes. Simply just loosen (2 turns) and apply a little oil and re-tighten. once tight apply a little grease to help keep water off the washes.

Now when i did mine i could only reach the lower 2 bolts easy but this cured the problem 100% and TBH only takes about 10 minutes

I'm having this problem now. So blooooody annoying! I change gear below 3000 now to avoid the annoyance! MPG is great though :lol:

I also have this problem at 3400 rpm. I think mine could be the mani heatshield though.

I'm going to take it to my step grandads who has a pit and see what I can do...

I also have this problem at 3400 rpm. I think mine could be the mani heatshield though.

I'm going to take it to my step grandads who has a pit and see what I can do...

Mani heatshield only seems to annoy once within the entire rev range. The driveshaft seems to play its lovely tune twice. On my car, between 3000-3500 then again at 4200-4500ish

Mani heatshield only seems to annoy once within the entire rev range. The driveshaft seems to play its lovely tune twice. On my car, between 3000-3500 then again at 4200-4500ish
mine only rattles at exactly 3400 in all gears and in nuetral so sounds like the mani to me. Is this easy to get to?

mine only rattles at exactly 3400 in all gears and in nuetral so sounds like the mani to me. Is this easy to get to?

Not sure. I put up with the noise for several months. Then it just never happened again :confused: :lol:

i dont see all the fuss with this it only took me about 5 minutes to cure mine and cost £0, so why people put up with it i dont know

i dont see all the fuss with this it only took me about 5 minutes to cure mine and cost £0, so why people put up with it i dont know
I haven't been arsed to take it somewhere where I can get easy access to it yet. I will do when I get a spare chance captain.

well im no skinny youth and i did mine on the road with the car sat half on the kerb and half on the road as i could not be bothered to get the jack out

Back