• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Driving the Honda When cold.

Driving my FN2 on a cold morning like today... when she's just started and im driving it feels as though its hesitant to go ONLY when cold..
Im putting this down to it actualy just being cold as when the car is warm and i press the throttle the car goes perfectly fine.

any others have this? maybe its just my paranoia but its my first honda & type R..

anyone could shine a light on it to solve my doubts id appreciate it lol

Hello mate, yeah this has been covered quite alot on this forum! alot of FN2's do this (mine certainly does) and just like you say as soon as it's nice and warm there's no problem! i dont know the mechanical reason for it but it's just a quirk of the FN2, if you know it;s going to happen adjust your driving until its warm!

ahh thanks mate, im going daft thinking about it.. because i just bought the car and have a 30 day warrenty so im over thinking.

cheers!!

no problem!

have a search through some of the other threads on the forum, there's certainly a few! that way you can gauge others opinions on it! but i think the general consesus is that most have had this with their FN2's!

It's just because the car is on auto-choke. It's over fuelling to get the car up to temp.

It's the same reason why the idle revs will be up at 1,500-2,000rpm just after starting and they drop as the car warms up.

yea same here but does seem a lot better after remap and doesnt rev so high either maybe theres your solution roscoc

A cheeky remap. I do stay local to a renownd honda guy who does that sort of thing at a farm in north ayrshire.. so maybe find out about that deal

My derv machine does it too. I wouldn't want to remap tbh, would seem to be driving the car harder when it's cold, which could do damage that's preventable

glad i even commented about this... as i drove while auto choke.. and when it stopped the hesitance stopped so it is that and not my mind.. cheers AGAIN Loxy lol

Back