• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

dropped 5th n 6th gear!!!

ive had my ep3 a week, ive not even drove it very much as had shoulder operation, and now has completely lost fitfh and sixth gear!! not very amused at all. misses is due tomorrow and the garage cant supply a curtousy car! not a good day. just thankfull it is still on warranty. any ideas as to why this has happend or if this is a common fault with them?

Could be something simple like a stray clip stuck in the gear linkage cables on top of the gearbox.

54plate, just done 70,000 miles, it was strange, i was doing about 60-70mph and changed from fourth to fifth, heard a noise, so i put it to neutral and coasted to a layby,looked under the car as there was noise of something dragging under neith,i had a look and the heat shield had dropped down, so i assumed it was just that, but as i drove back home which was only 2 miles max away, the engine management light came on and the battery light came on, but i assumed that they came on because the lamba sensor cable runs through the heat shield. and must of pulled on it as it dropped down, how wrong i was,so i went to take it to my local garage this morning and it would not find 5th or 6th gear. it still drives in gears one to four would it still be safe to drive back to the garage it came from, which is about 35miles from my home, or could i do more damge?

I'd be doing minimal driving till a garage has had a look at it tbh.

Bit of an update, i drove the car back to the garage but didnt make it as loads of things seem to have gone wrong, i.e lost power steering,and every light on dash was on,aswell as speedo,rev counter,and everything was not working, it then began to lose power, so i pulled over and it was smoking under nieth, which then i noticed the cat was glowing red/white it was so hot, anyways the garage have had the car for couple days now, and have told me the alternater had gone, and as for the gears they were fine, and it was only the selector had moved over, i really dont know if there being straight with me, can this happen and if so why? are the gears a common fault with the ep3? also why would the cat of got it self so hot? just cant seem to work it out.

Back