• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EBay knock sensor

Knock sensor has come apart while removing the thermostat housing. Don't think it's supposed to do that, d'oh!

So Lings Honda list knock sensor at £120. EBay between £10-30 ??

Anyone used an eBay one?

I got myself a second hand OEM one off eBay over six months ago, all good so far.

The only risk with the eBay ones is if you get unlucky and get one that's basically just a resistor dressed up to look like the right thing. This would mean no CEL telling you it's bad, but no detection of knocking either, also bad :/

Easy way to test would be to install it and give the engine block a sharp tap with a hammer. If the engine stumbles for a bit afterward then it's doing its job.

Sweet. You get it recently? Remember the seller?

Cheers for your help mate

It was long time ago, couldn't remember which one and I only paid less than £20 for it, sent in uk by the way. Th sensor hasn't got any issue. But the ep3 isn't my daily so I couldn't be guaranteed that this is as good as the OEM one ***..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jap service parts are probably one of the cheapest at the moment for this sensor, got mine from there around £85 genuine Honda.

Jap service parts are probably one of the cheapest at the moment for this sensor, got mine from there around £85 genuine Honda.

They have a 15% off SPRING17 discount code sale right now, rock on Jap service parts!

+1 I know the guy call tony, too man, cheaper price and service is a+. Didn't realise they sell genuine knock sensor..worth for it ***..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back