• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

ebay stuff hmmm???

okay so was just having a look around for engine bay dress up stuff and whilst googling various things i came across ebay selling mugen oil caps for £12 + £4.95 posted, they look identical and they say the same description, billet oil cap etc as they do on funky power. But on funky power there £95

So after seeing these i searched for other items and they sell mugen reservoir socks alot cheaper too but also say the same description and material there made in etc.

Im guessing they must be fakes, or are these other 'genuine' companys just having us over with there bigger price tags? I know alot of you will say youd rather buy from genuine sites (so would I) but at a fraction of the price its so tempting.
There is some ebay things i would obviouslymost definately avoid e.g coilovers or ebay job brake discs/pads etc.

So would you buy the ebay gear?

Buy nice or buy twice.

Fakes often fail and do you really want to risk and something you be spent thousands on for the sake of £50?

Yeh thats exactly my point, but with something like a resevoir sock is there really much that can go wrong? There made with the same material too.

I just dont understand how something so small like the mugen oil cap can be £95 that is ridicuously over priced, do you not think the mugen oil cap and the 'fake' mugen oil cap are probably made exactly the same but one is just sold at an expensive price because people will believe it must be real and pay it?

Im not saying it is im just wondering, not trying to argue either man, and im not saying im going to buy these products either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back