• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

ECU advice needed!!!

When you fit all mods to CTR what is the best way to release them? Does the car need to be remapped? An what is best way about it? To buy a Kpro, K100 or to just get an ecu reflash to accomodate mods?
How much would it be to have this carried out? Estimate anyway?
Ecu tuning isn't something I know about!

Thanks

When you fit all mods to CTR what is the best way to release them?

Im assuming by your username you're talking about an EP3, lots of models of CTR's have been released. Get a KPro or K100 and have it custom mapped by someone who knows what they're doing, if they get it wrong your engine could go bang. Research who you're taking it to well

How much would it be to have this carried out? Estimate anyway?
A new kpro is about £800 and a new k100 is about £500. A new base map will vary from tuner to tuner but budget about £300

If you want anymore info check the posts that are stuck at the top of this section, they cover 99% of common questions

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to clarify, a base map is a starting point, the £300 you'd pay to a tuner would be for an optimised map.

Thanks very much help advice is valued from you both this is my 1st CTR and really don't have a clue about ecu mapping.
Yeah I have an ep3 facelift model. I will do I shall check out the threads within the ecu threads about mapping!
Just to ask though I'm gathering more you pay out the better quality of map you would get????.
I will do thanks I do like to do plenty research before diving in to anything.

Thanks

Cost doesn't really equate to quality with mapping, ie super expensive doesn't mean super power. As you read through more info on mapping these ecu's, you'll see the same tuner names popping up and peoples experiences of them. From there, and taking into account where you live you can make a decision on where you'd think you'd like to go for it.

True mate as daft as it sounds my mum always said you get what you pay for being the reason I initally thought more money better quality. I will have a look through an see what is said I've heard a whole lot about tdi north especially but is a good bit away from me!

Get K100 and have it mapped by a tuner around you, or go travel and have it mapped by guys that knows what they are doing. eg TDi TGM etc etc. They are in traders section you can drop them a PM.

Thanks mate helpful advise again there! The k100 is the cheaper of ecu's isn't it? The kpro is the top ecu isn't it? But that's fine mate will be a while before I can get up the funds to get a k100 ecu hopefully when my insurance drops again it can happen fingers crossed anyway!

Yup K100 is cheaper. But will tune your mods at its best.

Last edited by a moderator:
No bother mate I've got a few things to address on the CTR at the moment starting with the brakes,then progress to clutch, hopefully won't need to do timing chain in near future but if so then it'll get done before anymore mods progress as devasting as that is lol but with faith I will get there with a mean ass type r. Thanks for pointing in right direction with ecu:)

Yeah I'm sitting at just under 96k just now mate. I think I'll get clutch and chain done at same time lol bye bye bank balance lol but would rather pay cash and have a sweet running car than leave it do destroy itself

Yeah! I would spend them cheaper on parts rather than getting a new engine mate.

Get your clutch sorted first.

Very true Mate I don't intend on blowing up engine now when I've no expense has been spared on the running of any my other cars. Thanks mate I will tackle brakes and clutch before timing chain I've got a fair bit before I get to 100k anyway I don't really drive it as much as I did my old modded toys :)

M going to buy ferodo ds2500 front an rear from grinspeed tomorrow along with new braided lines,rbf600 fluid an also a tegiwa brake stopper so brakes will be fully done correctly 1st time round:) the pads are wearing an have been feeling very spngey since I purchased car. Discs look sound as a pound and don't think they'll need changed for a while

Thanks mate I will do I've been hounding the forum to find best outcome and what I'm looking to buy everyone seems to have high feedback about for braking system:)
Do you reckon they pads are the dogs bollocks then? I'm looking forward to getting everything ordered an fitted to feel the differnece an brake with a big smile haha sad I know but its all good haha

Back