• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Eibach Pro Kit (EP3 Type R) - how much do they lower?

Hi all,

Apologies, I have searched the forum but can't find the answer.

I am looking to replace the OEM springs on my 2004 EP3 Type-R with the Eibach Pro Kit springs.

The problem is some sites say they are -30mm drop, others say -25mm, and some others say -20mm front / -15mm rear drop.

e.g.
Tegiwa -30mm
Area Motorsport -25mm
Larkspeed -20mm/-15mm (F/R)

I know ABP did -30mm springs with Eibach for the EP3, but I have been searching specifically on the Pro Kit as I would rather a smaller drop of -15mm or -20mm.

Are there different types of Pro Kit that would explain the different lowering specs?

Would really appreciate any thoughts / info.

Many thanks,

Ben.

yes there is 2 kits the pro kit which are black springs drops 15/20mm and the sportline kit I have are red springs and drops 25/30mm

yes there is 2 kits the pro kit which are black springs drops 15/20mm and the sportline kit I have are red springs and drops 25/30mm

Hi Andy,

I agree, however all of the example links above are for the black "Pro Kit" springs, not the red Sportline Kit, hence the confusion.

There are three different vendors (and more) claiming different drops for the same black Pro Kit springs?!

If the Pro Kit is just 15/20mm then perfect, but Tegiwa and Area Motorsport are saying they drop more than that.

Ben.

I got mine from Tegiwa when they were offering a good discount. The sell both kits and regardless of pics the Sportlines are red and lower more than the pro kit

It does get confusing, I was going for the pro kit but the sportline kit was cheaper so got that and more than happy how mine sits

Thanks Andy - I did look at the Sportline Kit, but don't want to drop to -30mm as there are a lot of speed bumps locally, and the dropped kerb for my drive is quite steep where it meets the road, so was hoping for more like -15/-20mm drop to avoid scraping.

For those that have the black "Pro Kit" springs fitted, what sort of drop in height did you see after they were fitted?

Ben.

It does get confusing, I was going for the pro kit but the sportline kit was cheaper so got that and more than happy how mine sits

That was until he went and put an Air bed in it for a car festival lol :D Couldn't resist Andy.

I was looking at the pro kit as 15mm would be enough for me. EP3s sit low and I have too many speed bumps up here. :D

I do scrape my front bumper on small ramps often with 30mm drop, worth it and no damage can be seen haha

Jim your Type-R wants SUL fuel. Go on treat her :D I'm back on it this morning with my Type R :D responsiveness is back. Put in 95 last week. First time n like 3 months.

Back