• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Eibach Pro Kit fitted, steering knock now present!

Good evening chaps,

Some of you may have seen my previous post about dead shocks on the front of my EP3, well since then i have fitted honda shocks, eibach pro kit springs, tegiwa camber arms and bolts, New top mount, New Arb drop links and bushes.

Well since having this and the alignment done i have developed a new noise, instead of a knock over potholes (now gone:)) i now have a knock only at low speeds i.e. 10mph or lower (ish) but only when i turn.
Every time i fix something on this car something else rears its head, does anyone know whats up with the bloody thing as it has only been lowered a small amount as i went for the pro kit, advice would be welcome and i think i have left all the parts i have fitted in the list above.

Thanks in advance
Dave

Do the springs have the sleeves on them to prevent the coils knocking off each other?

Done the drop links front and rear?

The Knock is only at the front end and has only started since I did the new shocks etc, and the anti roll links were just on fronts as the rears were in way better condition.

mine used to do this when parking up or slow turns etc and I have the pro kit fitted. I had new drop links fitted and arb bushes and it still did it. I put up with it for a while then had top mounts, tegiwa roll adjusters and super pro castor bushes fitted at the same time and now its cured no Knocks. Hope this helps

Mine did this with my previous suspension setup, reason was that the previous owner managed to install the top mounts wrong.

Full lock, put it in reverse and go slow, does it knock? Full lock the other way, repeat. If it knocks, pops or clicks... go a little faster, does it get louder?

That's my CV joint check.

If you answered yes to any/all of the above, check for CV boot damage and leakage.

Full lock, put it in reverse and go slow, does it knock? Full lock the other way, repeat. If it knocks, pops or clicks... go a little faster, does it get louder?

That's my CV joint check.

If you answered yes to any/all of the above, check for CV boot damage and leakage.

ok thanks will have a look, but my only issue is all was find before I had the work done.

Hi,

i've installed new shock absorbers (KYB), new oem bearings and oem top hats. Eibachs are moving in struts, i hear a noise when i'm turning a steering wheel while parking especially.

Struts are mounted correctly (there is a triangle on the top hat and top of the cusion spring, all is directed outside to the fender).

I'll add, that i've a new ball joints (555), new arms bushes, new tie rods (Moog).

Any advice?

I'm thinking about adding a rubber to bottom coils...

Earlier i had top mounts from KYB and Lemforder, each one was very poor quality. Now i've brand new oems and springs clicking is less, but still springs are moving slightly in struts.

I'm from Poland, and here we have the same problems with lowering springs :D

We made some spacers between bearing and top mount to much compress the spring in strut, but it still not resolve common problem.

Spacers look like these:

2ii8odt.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've changed everything you have and after a week of these parts being fitted I've started having a knocking noise from the drivers front area did you resolve it in the end?

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Back