• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

eibach pro-kit on bumpy mountain roads

Hey

Right now my car has the sportline springs which were sent incorrectly instead of the pro-kit, the car is undriveable on country roads since it bounces and skips mid corner making me drive slower than standard. Its cost me £80 to set the car up before realising they were the wrong springs, so now I am in a dilemma of buying the right springs and setting it up again for £250 or putting the standard ones back on for £80.

I need to know honestly from people with the pro kit if the car skips on bumpy roads as that's primarily what I drive on living in Wales, the standard set up did fine and I dont want to spend another £250 to end up with a car still undriveable. I am really at loss as to what to do about this so would appreciate any help on the matter.

P.S. eibach sportlines with almost no use for sale shortly.

Wow. You must have some BAD roads down there. I have Eibach sportlines and I wouldn't change them for anything. On our mountain roads they are exceptional.

They are not bad roads, just normal UK ones.

I dont know how you can like the springs, Ive changed the springs, poly bushed front and back, camber arms and bolts with a full geometry set up and the car handles worse now than it did as standard. What is worrying me is that people saying the sportlines are good, when I know they are not, makes listening to pro-kit opinions less valid. I can see me putting the stock springs back on.

Stuart.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

I really like them, but then I'm used to harcore old-school cars, so anything is better than torsion bars and leaf springs :rolleyes:. Scottish highland roads are extremely smooth too, I'm shocked everytime I go south. My car is also getting pretty light, they do seem to like that.

Are your shocks correct/new/old?

Welsh roads are definately not smooth, you can be mid corner and there will be a bump/ rise in the road which will upset the car, it pretty much forces you to drive slower where as as standard I could be still going.

This is one of the roads I go to, Black Mountains (A4069).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZc-n9wEHzI

Shocks are standard and the car has done 121k but these issues are absolutely spring related. Like i say you hit one of these bumps, the spring compresses and throws the car because of its stiffer spring rate/ less travel. But these are not the springs I ordered, Ive got an ongoing situation with the seller who is advertising the Sportline springs as "pro-kit" because the type r is already lowered and with the sportline springs, will give the type r a "pro-kit drop".

So hes kind of messed everything up as I would never have gone for the sportlines knowing I wouldnt like them. The dilemma for me is whether I get the pro-kit springs in the hope they are what I wanted, but if they turn out to be crashy/ bouncy then Ive spent even more money and still not better off, its really shitty situation. Im thinking of just fitting the standard springs, another geo set-up and just be done with it.

I also have the sportlines with standard shocks, camber bolts and adjustable rear camber arms and find them awesome to be fair. I'm even Running quite a bit of camber at the rear to stop my evo 8's from rubbing!
Who set the car up for you?

I also have the sportlines with standard shocks, camber bolts and adjustable rear camber arms and find them awesome to be fair. I'm even Running quite a bit of camber at the rear to stop my evo 8's from rubbing!
Who set the car up for you?

Hey Dhaz,

the he car was set up by Avia Speedshop in Bridgend and I am very happy with their work, the car was set up exactly as I asked and drives straight and true.

dont get me wrong, the car is flatter and has less roll which can be a perceived improvement, but in terms of actual cornering speed it is less than before and I know why this is, it's all down to the Hondas suspension design. I was hoping the pro kit wouldn't be that bad and I would get away with it, I never wanted the sportline as I knew this would be the result. I am going to put the standard springs back on today and ill report back, I might need to wait until it's set up again to truly test it as I believe the front will toe in when the cars raised again, along with neutral or positive camber (the drop made -3 degrees camber)

Back