• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Electrical problem, fuses, lights and mild annoyance.....HELP?

On the way home this evening and the light on the speedo etc went out :( Though it was difficult to see my speed, I thought I'd find the fuse diagram in the manual when I got home and replace. It wasn't until I was getting a few flashes of headlights from drivers behind me, that I thought maybe the same fuse was shared for the rear sidelights.
I pulled over and low and behold the rear sidelights where out :( I checked the fuse responsible after looking in the manual and found I didn't have a spare :( I managed to get to a motorfactors on the way home and bought 2 15 replacements. Winzor. Everything was fine and I continued my trip home. It wasn't until I stopped in traffic and between songs on the stereo, I noticed an intermittent clicking, like the indicators where working, they weren't. I pulled over, again, popped the bonnet and the speedo/console light went off again. I checked the fuse I'd just replaced and it had blown, again. Fuuuuuuuuuuuucccccc****
I'd bought a pack of two though, so me thinking I was a baws, popped the spare in. The clicking came back, then stopped and it all went dark again, it'd blown the fuse again, FFS.

It's dark, there's traffic all over the gaff and by now I'm raging. Calm down I thought to myself, get it home, sort it out there. So as I indicate to pull off, fcuking indicators don't work, seriously WTF??!!??

So now I'm home, I swapped over the fog light 7.5 to the indicator socket and the clicking has come back, like the indicators are on.
I now dont have any fuses to replace the console/sidelights issue and I can't use my indicator in fear of it blowing yet another fuse, with no option to get replacements until tomorrow.

Cool story huh? ;)

Help anyone? Is my car bollocks'd or what?

Scott

Sounds like its a relay at fault or you have a short circuit somewhere.

Got a copy of the wiring diagram? And any chance of finding out which relay is clicking??

Cheers Stoo.

Wiring diagram I dont have. I'll have a butchers to try and find it now though. Lings?

41940856.gif

Is all I've managed so far Stoo. :(

Back