• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Electrics Advice

Hi guys

Just been out to test drive a 67000 mile FN2 in Silver. Car drove well and no issues with gears/engine pull etc. A couple of things I spotted whilst having a nosy at the engine bay.

Picture 1 is of a sleeve (wire?) that has been folded back and taped against another to the right of the cylinder head. Just wondering if someone can advise on the wire that appears to be taped up?

Capture1.PNG

Picture 2 is of the wiring loom at the top of the bulkhead. This appears to be have been re-taped at some point in grey. Just wondering are there any jobs on the FN2 that require the loom to be exposed and modified? Should I be concerned?

Capture2.PNG

Thanks in advance people.

Nic

Apologies gents, appears after checking some pictures that the first picture is of nothing to worry about, I can see the same sleeve/wire taped up on other engines. If there is anyone who can comment on the second pic it would be appreciated. Tested all electrics and everything appeared to work as it should. Perhaps I'm being overly cautious!

Thanks

Nic

Has the car been fitted with anything like parking sensors, HID lights, aftermarket immobiliser, VTEC light, or anything that isn't bog standard? That could explain why the conduit has been cut and taped.

Another reason could be simply that the conduit was flapping around and a previous owner was getting annoyed by it!! (I highly doubt any Honda tech worth their salt would use grey tape on a black sleeve)

The only , bulletin on the fn2 wireing was the o/s/f wireing harness that runs under the top engine mount

Cheers gents,

@ Nick, all appears to be standard with no aftermarket electrical items installed. I have to admin the choice of grey tape set alarm bells ringing immediately, but colour of tape aside whats the reliability on the FN2 like electrically/electronically?

Thanks

Nic

I'm afraid I know nothing about the FN2 specifically :(

But generally I've always known Honda to have good electrics if their machines have been looked after.

Your instinct is probably the best bet for deciding whether it's dodgy - personally I'd asked to rip the tape off and get in and look for anything that doesn't look OEM or a repair/bulletin or whatever Honda call them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back