• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Electrics for Wing Mirror

Electrics are away in the passenger wing mirror for folding in....

is this a common thing on other FN2s? Anyone any idea on resolving the issue without going back to honda?

What is it doing. You've not given us a lot to go on there! :lol:

What is it doing. You've not given us a lot to go on there! :lol:

when you push the button for them to fold in the drivers one folds right up but the passengers one moves in maybe a few millimetres but doesnt fold right up.

unsure if the electrics are knackered but with it moving a wee touch a wouldnt think so..

I've had this issue. The problem will be the SOD module (Shut Off Device Honda Part # 76209-SMG-E01) in the wing mirror.

This is another of the common issues with the 8th gen Civic in that one mirror might start to fold up slower than the other or sometimes stop before fully folding up. The SOD is the culprit and involves taking the body coloured mirror cover off the mirror back and simply swapping the module over. The new module is revised so should stop it recurring. I didn't do the driver side as that is fine so far. The module is available from all main dealers and £32.62 so not mega expensive, just annoying having to pay for it.

brilliant!!

is the covers easy enough to remove? think i will order one of those parts as having something wrong even as minor as this is no use, just annoys me until its fixed!

I've got a PDF from Honda that I can email over if you PM me your email address. ;)

thats the private mail coming to you now.

cheers

you wouldnt happen to be able to give me some advice on painting?

Sent. :smt023

Paint, I have little to no experience of I'm afraid, unless you mean stone chips and then yes, I have plenty of those. :lol:

well its more of a do or dont that anything

got a milano red fn2 and considering getting the rear lights done but unsure if a should get the whole lot or just the part thats on the boot lid and not the ones on the left or right of that...

:lol:

I can't get my head round that. Are you saying you want to paint the light lenses as well?

well were he has just done above the number plate i was thinking about doing the whole lot

do you think just above the number plate would look nice on a red car

It needs someone with photoshop skills to knock up an image. :lol:

Not me that's for certain.

Hopefully a willing volunteer will be along shortly.

I would but I'm struggling to figure out the area you want painted

IMO this image is the most you can do as any more than that will impact on the amount of light able to get through the lens resulting in being illegal

9da3256f.jpg

i was thinking that but wasnt too sure

how do you think it would look on a red car?

something like this

MR_FN2-1.jpg

its just a quick job, but should give you some idea as to what it'll look like

Last edited by a moderator:
Back