• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Emission warning light....& others

I drive an Accord Type R. Bought it 3 months from new (02 plate) & it's been an eventful time with regards to "faults". Most if not all have been rectified & were within the first year but just the other day the emission warning light came on. Checked out at local dealership.....
I apparently need a egr valve for which they've given me a quote of £270!. Phoned a few places & it can only be sourced from Honda itself. Indeed the part may have to come from Belgium!. Does this seem excessive?. I've seen other egr valves for other manufacturers a lot less than 3 figures. It looks like i've got no option. Incidentally the light only came on for 1 day & has been fine since but their diagnostics have targeted the valve itself.
If anyone's interested other faults have been;
Clutch replaced under warranty at 6 months ( grating etc but not driven hard!)

Constant dashboard/ window fascia rattles which have eventually settled (i have had tints & security resin shielding applied)

An ecu failure which caused the rev limiter to seek its idling rate with complete failure. Cyclical searching from 900 to 7000 revs continuosly. A little difficult to drive at the time to say the least!. Disconnected battery & it's been fine since.

Clutch cable casing missing & replaced. Found on inspection.

Drivers control panel housing (windows/ wing mirrors) which defied gravity & came away from the door.

Plastic insert at base of drivers chair which has required "fixing" (blu-tac!).

Recently intermittent central locking failure from fob. Battery ok. Terminals been cleaned twice.

Anyway the dealer has been excellent. I'm well known to them having had a prelude before for many years. The car is running well & just had the front pads replaced. Air con needed regassing in it's second year but i have never found it that cool compared to some mates cars. Tyres were replaced at 18k or so. Major hassle with vibration following such but i blame Kwik Fit's inability to balance or align the wheels. (i even got a free set from them) but 1 trip to the dealer & it was sorted.

Anyway looks like i'll be using my debit card again.

Cheers,
TheDoc.

If I were you I would go back to the dealer and really complain, in certain instances with cars that are out of warranty Honda UK will pay for the part and you the customer pay for any labour charges. If no joy at your dealer then try Honda UK.

Back