• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EML Error code P0430 Catalyst system efficiency (Bank2) Status deterioration

Hi all,

As the title says. My EML came on the other day whilst driving into central London.

I had the code read at my local independent and I need a new catalytic converter and 2 sensors.

Genuine Honda cat = £2500

Before anybody says "Are you sure you need a new one" The answer is yes. There has been a rattling noise since last winter and has got louder over the past few weeks. I thought it was the heatshield and I was planning on getting it looked at when the car went in for it's service.

How much is the car worth without getting it fixed? (2006 EP3 Premier, Eibach lowering springs, Eibach camber arms and bolts, TGM braided brake lines, Tegiwa induction, Skunk Megapower catback, J's racing strut brace)

Should I strip the mods i have done and put it back to standard and sell the mods?

I've also dropped a new clutch in approx 2015/2016. I have also replaced the rear calipers and carriers for OEM parts. Full service history dealer and TGM. Loads of receipts for the work I've had done.

Loads of MOT paperwork. It has never failed or had advisories.

I'm in the market for a FK8 so it has come at a really good time, plus my insurance expires this month.

I was planning on putting it up for sale at around £3000 with the mods and £2500 without mods. Or am I being silly with those prices?

Thanks for reading. Any advice is appreciated ;)

Sounds like a bargain to me.

IMO, whilst the lack of CAT and subsequent pending MOT failure the price might be realistic to most people... To me it wouldn't affect it too much, as I'd want to decat and tune it anyway. A cheapo decat manifold will be circa 15% of the price of a Honda OEM, K100 and tuning circa 1k.

You can't run a decat on a standard ECU without risk to the engine. Needs a remap to sort the fuelling out.

dangertomanifold.jpg

Thanks for the reply Hazz.

It would be perfect for someone who wants to go down the decat and remap route. The car is mint. It has never put a foot wrong in the 7-8 years I've had it.

I've already had someone offer me £4000 for it with the mods. So I was totally wrong on the price.

I am going to see my local Honda dealer this weekend and I will see what they offer but I know they will offer less. I just want to get rid of it. I cant have it sitting on my driveway.

I also forgot to add it has a MOT until May 2019. Also I had a Parrot MKi 9200 handsfree kit installed. Great bit of kit. No need for a bluetooth headunit as you can play music through the handsfree.

So whoever buys it from me is getting a bargain.

A cheap aftermarket pattern cat will do just fine. Yes it won't last as long as an OEM as probably ceramic core instead of metallic, but they're usually good enough to get through an MOT and will last at least a few years.
ECP do one for - for example - for about £170. It'll have a warranty. If bothered about the quality take it for a pre-MOT emissions check somewhere, if it fails take it then take it back!

If it works most of the potential buyers on the market won't care if it's an OEM or pattern cat, as long as it works. I've used a number of pattern cats on older cars over the years, have always passed subsequent emissions tests.
Or as suggested get a (high-cell count) sports cat.

Thanks for replying SmegHead.

I only buy genuine OEM parts. I don't like cheap tat. You know the saying "Buy cheap, buy twice"

Not really worried about MOT as the car has MOT until May 2019.

To be honest, I think I've made up my mind and It's going up for sale.

Somebody will buy it.

It's a bargain no matter what price I put it at.

Someone is getting a cherished, well looked after EP3 with some decent mods.

My phone has been non stop since I've spoken to few people about selling it.

Back