• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Eml light on

i recently put my cat back on after a decat should the eml light go out or does it need turning out?

You will need to reset the ECU mate.

Just disconect the battery for half an hour then reconnect it.

It will be fine then.

Just tried that it went off for a few seconds then come back on

How long was it dis-connected for??

I had to do this when I removed my TODA header and put OEM stuff back on.

The light was on for a while, so I dis-connected the battery and hoovered the and did general bits for about half an hour 45 minutes max, the connected it again and it was fine.

Worst case senario is that your cat is damaged, or maybe a sensor.

Where did you store your cat while itwas off your car?

the battery was off for half an hour & the cat was only off for 2 days i stored it in my shed & it was fine when i took it off

The guy at the garage said they had to heat the sensor up to undo it when they fitted my decat, thats whats done it then i think

got 1 for £50

Get a decent sensor - as in a Honda one, these cheap ones are no good.

Failing that get an 02 simulator, I think Hoydonk has one for sale in the classifieds.

I just plugged it in again turned the light out and its stayed off it came up with lambda sensor fault the one i replaced the other day

Back