• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EML light on :(

Pulled up at work this morning and everything was fine then decided to move my car 5mins later to a different spot and the eml light came on and the car is now juddering :( not had a chance to check it out properly yet because I dont get a break until 2pm but has anyone got an idea of what it may be?

EML comes on before the car starts, it sounds like the idle control valve The way it's revving so gonna give it a blast first if this doesnt fix it I'll take it Honda

Last edited by a moderator:
EML always come on when the keys in the ignition before it's turned over.

I wouldn't go for a run before you've checked the codes, you could make the problem worse

Yeah normally it comes on as you turn the key but then goes off but then mine comes back on and stays on, when I start the car it gets to it's idle point then revs about every second on its own, it stopped when I put the clutch in and held it a biting point.

No my car's stuck at work at the moment so can't check but my house is near the Honda garage so will probably pop in there and see what they say, I'm not to confident at DIY on my car lol

Honda will charge you £80 to tell you what you can find out for free.

Moved it round a corner, cars not happy. Can smell something burning, just checked my oil and it's right up the dipstick :(

Me mums fella is going to tow my car to his friends garage tonight for them to look at tomorrow so fingers crossed

Me too, it's going to church garage near burscough. They're good blokes there and they don't rip you off

Managed to drive it to the garage without the need for a tow, feel a bit better knowing it's actually drivable lol

If Martin is stumped you could try Steve at Grinspeed in Leyland ex TDI mechanic, sound bloke. Or if you think its safe to drive further take it to TDI in Warrington I guarantee Paul will find the problem.

Hopefully it'll get sorted there, it had a slight burning smell when I got out so not sure if it could do a long distance. I had an RBC and a Tracy sports throttle body fitted at TDI just over a week ago so hope its nothing to do with that

Hopefully it'll get sorted there, it had a slight burning smell when I got out so not sure if it could do a long distance. I had an RBC and a Tracy sports throttle body fitted at TDI just over a week ago so hope its nothing to do with that

Odd I wouldn't have thought so, Bizzare make sure you update this thread as and when you get updated.

Back