• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EML Light went on. P0132

Was driving to my friends earlier and suddenly the EML light went on, as soon as I got to his place, turned the car off and turned it back on to see if it will go away.

It did. then luckily he has OBD Reader and it went up with "P0132" code Bank 1 sensor 1. Too much/high voltage.

He cleared the code and didn't come back up again.

What's my dilemma?

Car has some mods with 4-2-1 manifold also tuned/mapped by Paul at TDi North using K100.

Thanks in advance!

Yip, upstream O2 sensor. I had the same fault code along with ELD sensor fault (high voltage detection). Replaced them both, erased the faults and all good. It even sorted another small issue i had. When i would come to a stop the revs would slightly dip before it settled. Now it settles straight away.

I would say it would hinder the fuel economy slightly. If it packs up on you completely the EML light would be permanent.

Mine had this, would also stutter and surge even though the throttle was held steady for a few minutes when driving about.

Light hasn't come back since.

Also is it just the case of getting a new sensor and swap them?

Thanks.

I only replaced the upstream sensor in front of the Cat ''Bank1'' '' Sensor1'' as per fault code. I would have replaced both for peace of mind but cause i buy all my parts from Honda it would have been over 300 quid. Upstream sensor was 175 excluding vat. I have seen after market sensors on eBay though for round 60.

Easy to replace. O2 sensor socket or spanner, crack it loose and unplug. Fit new one. Erase faults if you have access to a diagnostic tool, if not don't stress bout it as your light is off. I just like to clear everything if i have replaced anything that the ECU monitors . Easy to get to. Just jack the car up at front using the points and support with jack stands '' safety first'' ;)

Back