• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Energy engine mounts

I got my energy engine mounts today weather was good so I had a go at fitting them. They were a right pain in the ass to fit but worth the pennies. :D

Attachments

• DSC00487.JPG
    DSC00487.JPG
    308.8 KB · Views: 58
  • DSC00491.JPG
    DSC00491.JPG
    257.7 KB · Views: 38
Fair play to fitting them yourself man.
Well worth while mod imo ;)

When I first looked I though it would be a doddle lol ' I was so wrong'

I ended up taking the front bumper off and unhooked the rad from its mounts and I then managed to get the mount out.
The rear wasn't to bad, I just unbolted the craddle that the mount was bolted to.

Ow are the cabin vibrations with both fitted? Im thinking of putting the back one in when i get my FRSU done.

Mine shakes like a ******** dog on idle with mine in, but the difference they make is awesome :)

The cabin vibrations calm down once they've been in a while from my experience, but if you are KPRO'd up Stuey's suggestion is a winner ;)

Do you have Kpro? if so increase the idle :cool:

Nope, but i will have an AEM or an OMEX soon :smt047

The cabin vibrations calm down once they've been in a while from my experience, but if you are KPRO'd up Stuey's suggestion is a winner ;)

Yeah must admit it has eased a little since i fitted them, quite like it to be honest now, feels like your pushing up against a washing machine on a spin cycle :D

Better than Hondata

At what?

AEM and Omex/Motec/Pectel/DTA are excellent at what they do and yes are technically more advanced than a Kpro, but why do you need the extra features available and IIRC you're going to have to have custom wiring to retain full functionality or the dash etc.. When a Kpro, unless you're doing something radically different is more than enough for most?

I want to be able to drive the car on the road as well as the track with ITB's whilest remaining reliable and to be able to recieive feedback on what the cars doing, K-Pro cannot do what the other ecu's can, they have so much more flexability :)

I agree, complete standalone ECU's are more flexible, but a Kpro can run ITB's without any major issues can they not? Captain Scarlet on here runs ITBs without issue on both the road and track. And you say about monitoring what the car is doing, how are you going to do this whilst on track? Dash data logger?

Just sounds a bit OTT if i'm being honest with you.

guess it just falls down to personal preference at the end of the day,

im not one to follow a crowd, just because everyone has the K-Pro. Also down to speaking to various tuners, they just dont think the K-Pro is good enough or has the flexability you get with full standalone, i have the extra money so why not :shrug: if i was on a budget id get the k-pro dont get me wrong

its same the GruppeM what a waste of money that is, for what is essectially a K&N filter in a well designed box, im sure if someone with a bit of know how got one and copied it similar gains couold be had for a 1/10th of the price.

What's the spec of your engine atm?

Physically at the moment, standard bar a spoon cat back
but i am stock piling parts currently when i can afford them, got the jenvey throttle body kit and the inlet manifold need, along with a mocal oil cooler and the fitting kit, next on the list is the ecu, the header, then piper cams, then its ready for fitting

Is it? I thought it was the best that money could buy. :eek:

oh no :( i said something people wont like :lol:

:lol: Doesn't bother me. I'm just interested in whether, as you say, it's an overpriced bit of kit where you're paying for the name or if it's actually worth the money. :)

it is definitely overpriced for what it is IMO

and you are paying for a name

BUT

it's a bloody well designed bit of kit

and they do make kits for some very lush cars so they obviously know their stuff

Isn't an ITG filter half the price but gives 1bhp less gain or something daft like that?

It makes the best gains, yes it's a BIG cost, but it doesn't suffer with the possibility of hydrolock like some of the others & is aesthetically pleasing.

Back