• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Energy Suspension inserts or Engine Torque damper

Hello!

I do not know if insert works as like ETD.

I have energy insert on my car and my car is vibrating like unusual on idle and when doing clutch control, or 1st gear sensible release, the car

is acting like it's going to stall but it would not.

The inserts are very good, especially when you are going to rag the car. You could feel smoothness and could really notice the different with and

without it. But I am having dilemma when I'm on idle, or clutch control. I could feel my floor vibrating and as well as my steering wheel.

So I was wondering if this is normal and should get used to it or shall I change it to ETD.

And thing worries me that the vibrations could affect/damage any other car components.

Thanks for the help!
:rolleyes:

If you have kpro a way to counter act this is to set the idle at 1100rpm, this is what most tuners do.

They do settle down with time though :)

Tom just put one pair of them on the mounts and he said putting them in all engine mounts will suffer more.

And he did tell me about the 1100rpm thing.

I think I will need to get used to it now lol.

But they are amazing piece of kit! :)

Thanks for the info mate.

Is anyone using both inserts and an etd? I've got just the rear inserts in and with the damper it was vibrating a lot! I've removed the damper for the moment but will be fitting an rbc soon and apparently a damper will stop it hitting the slam panel?

I think you would need to modify the slam panel in order for the rbc to sit in perfectly. I'm really not sure.

I've just heard inserts with ETD are horrible. So you could either choose ES, or ETD but IMO ES are better. :D

Yeah together they are terrible!! I could tell you the firing order from the drivers seat! :eek: love the look of the etd though!

I had nothing but good times with the Spoon ETD on my EP3. Maybe I got lucky setting it up. :lol:

I never had the inserts on the EP3 so can't comment on them.

I'm getting them on my FN2 shortly, someone's finally decided to make some for it! :p

I can imagine the etd being alright on its own or even going to a strut brace it might be better. I've got a j's racing one that was going to a top mount bracket.

Back