• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

engine bay cleaning products..?

I've found that a can of Gunk works wonders on the engine bay.

What ever you use, make sure to cover up all of your electrical contacts before cleaning/rinsing. Cling film is a good thing for this.

I wouldn't use jetwash for the engine bay Murph, a good rinse with a cloth will suffice without upsetting the electrics

Cillit bang degreaser. Works very well :cool:

cillit%20bang.jpg

Second that. Makes me cringe when i see people doing it a petrol station

I have 2 engines on my works vehicle and they both get 120psi jetwash at the end of each day. :cool:

If it all goes tits up then the resident fitter gets the problem. :lol:

Why use a product that is made for your toilet, oven and sink on your car??

chemical guys green clean FTW :)

If it can be used on your carpet it can be used in the enginebay..

CIMG3353.jpg

CIMG3354.jpg

Green clean, a water hose, and some old rugs, a brush and a towel to dry of the water to avoid watermarks is all you need.

I diluted it to 1/3 but i think you can go milder witout any problem. i realy hasent found any recomendations for diluting it. other than that they state it can be used in the engine bay and on paint. I ofen see pictures of K and B series engines with worn of paint on the head cover so better safe than sorry :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that a left hand drive car? The brake cylinder is on the right of the engine bay?! :confused:

Back