• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

engine bay whine?

hello again. it seems over the last week of my ctr ownership that it has developed a whine throughout the rev range, the garage say theres nothing wrong with it but i can clearly hear it.
i have read on other posts that this could be the alternator bearing?
any suggestions?

Hi mate, I've had my CTR since April this year and mine does the same! I thought that was normal? Also, do your revs go up to like 1.5-2k when you first start the engine?

Let me now if you hear anything bud.

I had the alternator whine.

It was aux belt pulley tensioner bearing. Quite distinctive change to the engine. IMO the K20 engine does have a slight whine, but when this fault started it is a lot louder.

:lol: I've had a whine im my car ever since ive had it! I can't find any problems.

Hasn't got louder or nothing think its just normal.

Also when the car is first started its going to get to 1.5 2.0 on the rev counter because of the automatic-choke:lol:

cheers for the replies lads, last nite i sprayed some wd40 on the pulleys and when i drove it today it does seem to be a bit quieter, its booked into the garage at the end of the week so at least i know its one of them thats got a dodgy bearing.

well i went into garage again and have been told that it is (nothing to worry about:confused:) .
i am thinking of replacing my standard b pipe and bbox to a spoon system shortly so prob wont hear it after they are on.
still feels like they just f**ked me off again tho.

Back