• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Engine cover rattle

iv recently noticed that the engine cover is vibrating against the manifold. any ideas of how to stop this? as i havnt got a clue. tried putting sum washers in but no use.
if you don't know what i mean it this: E__0310..jpg

thanks

Take it off, it's not needed. Other than that, you could try some washers or something.

Mine rattled abit i just took the two bolts out and bent the supports back abit then re-fitted it been fine ever since and that was 3 months ago :D

Like Chris said, take it off. If you wish to keep it on I over tighten mine to stop the noise but I wouldn't recommend it as they're not far from snapping

As Martay I took the cover off and bent the threads towards the engine block ever so slightly. The are quite long so you don't need to do it much. When the cover is put back on this lifted the edge of the cover closest to the grill away from the inlet manifold, but like said, it is only there to look nice and has no function other than that.

Besides when you take it off you can see the throttle body and fuel rail. Horses for courses.

ok cheers guys ill try that tomorrow, i know its just for aesthetics but i think it makes the engine bay look nice and tidy so i want to keep it. not that im one of those "look at my engine" people.

Mine rattled. Honda garage put some foam onto the manifold during last service. Its sticky on one side and only just notices where it pokes out under the cover. Worked though. Another way would be to put 3 or 4 washers on top of each other ontop of the manifold to lift it up higher.

sorted it now, just put some big washers on the bolts. i wanted to keep it on just so it looks tidy :)

Back