• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

engine issue - any advice/experiences

Hi guys

Bit of an issue with the EP3... i posted a thread before regarding the idle control valve in which the car feels like it wants to die when stopping to the point where the car vibrates and the lights flicker, then the car corrects itself and idles fine. The issue now is the car is now cutting out and it is becoming more frequent... I'm about to order some parts from Honda to clean the ICV but wanted to ask on here to see what people thought first in case i'm looking at the wrong area.. any advice/past experiences would be really appreciated

Sounds like it is the idle control valve. You won't need any parts just tools to get it off, stripped down and cleaned.
If your worried and can't do it pop in and we can sort it. Normally doesn't take any more than an hour.

Take it apart and clean with some cotton buds and WD40. Don't be too aggressive as you don't want to damage the butterfly valve or leave any cotton behind!

Cheers for the replies, i was going to order the throttle body gasket and rubber hoses that lead from the icv to the engine in case i break them when i remove them. Glad it does like the icv.. hopefully an easy fix :)

Back