• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Engine light giving misfire code?

Hey guys,

Over the last month i've been having a misfire problem, i first found out by getting the engine management light come on.

I took it straight over to TGM who said it was a misfire code and seeing as it was in for a service that week with them not to worry as it was probably a dud spark plug.

Took it away and the light came back on 2 days later, i work next to a Dealer so i dropped it in on the way to work and they said the same thing along with a load of other bullshit (wrong tyre size etc).

So i took it back to TGM only running 2 cylinders where i left it with them and the next day when they went to start it the light was off and it was running sweet. Tom said he'd run about in it for a few days and see what happens.

After a couple of days the light and misfire came back so Tom put new plugs in and gave it a service. Had it back for a week and light came back so back to TGM to a baffled Tom who says it could be a lot of things but isn't sure so turned it off and said take it away and bring it back next week.

The light stayed off for nearly a week but came back on tonight.

Thought i'd post and see what people thought.

Cheers

Didnt someone on here blow an engine after having similar problems?
Wasnt it something to do with a chain tensioner that disintegrated?

I'll have a look round see if I can find it...

Oh not so good!!!!! Im a bit scared now!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Going to leave it with TGM and see what they can sort out, think im going to sell up and buy something else maybe another Fn2 as i did like my last one or maybe a Seat leon cuppra as i like these a lot.

cheers

I thought your mum was getting this car?

I thought your mum was getting this car?

Yeh change of plan, just as i was going to pass it over the light came on which meant a trip to TGM and then i needed four new tyres followed by a service all in i spent about 800 quid last week.

So figured i'd keep hold of it a bit longer but seeing as last weeks spend didn't cure the misfire thinking time to get shot and find something else.

In the mean time im borrowing a Citroen C4 which is by far the worst car i've ever driven!!! It has all of about 1 bhp and pulling a massive 0.5 lbs of torque!!! :evil:

I might put some pics up just for a laugh. :lol::lol::lol:

Back