• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Engine light on p0141

Hi,
i have a civic type R ep3 2005 and the engine light is on. Had it on a solus ultra and the code is p0141 heated oxygen sensor bank 1 sensor 2, I have replaced this sensor and have had the wiring checked at a local auto electricians, but still the light still pops back on within a few seconds, any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

That's the sensor after the cat. So if you've replaced it with a genuine Honda supplied O2 sensor and it is still showing up, then you're looking at your cat being shot.

Euro car parts do a replacement cat by all accounts and a damn site cheaper than the £2k Honda will ask you for one, or check round the scrappers.

I replaced the sensor with an ngk one, and my car has a sports cat only been on 2year, ive never had this problem before.

NGK tend to be OK.

Put the OEM cat back on, see if it goes out. I suspect it will.

Back