• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Engine Light

Afternoon all,

A really quick query .. I have a friend who is currently looking for an FN2 .. (looking at around £7.5k if anyone knows of anyone?)

We went to see one on the weekend and the engine light was on ..

Trader blamed this on the the induction kit fitted .. It was a long arm spec, seemed to have all the correct breathers fitted, so far as I could see .. Couldnt see the brand though.

Is this something that happens? Also, trader said it could've been due to de-cat .. Are the K20's Cat not incorporated in the outlet Mani?

Thanks

I don't think the induction kit would bring it on but a decat would. If it is decatted a remap and/or 02 sim would sort it but it sounds to me that the trader doesn't know much about that car, ask him to put it on a diagnostics for you so you can see what codes come up just in case it's something else (be with him when he does it so you can see too) but I would walk away and try and find another.

Cat is separate on the FN2, you can just get a decat pipe.

This would put the EML on, but as a mod it's largely pointless to do this. It hasn't been remapped because that would take the light off as you tell it to ignore the second O2 sensor.

Induction kit won't put the EML on unless it's been started without the MAF sensor being put back in, and then it's a battery off for 20 minutes job to reset it.

Personally I would never in a million years think of buying a car with the EML on.

Thanks both...

Agree with both of you on not getting it .. Advised the friend not to and thank fully he walked away ..

Just wanted to know was all!

Thanks again :)

Back