• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Engine malfunction light and sat nav probs

J-T

I'm now in my 3rd day of CTR ownership and im trying to sort some annoying niggles. when i bought it the engine/emissions light was on, but i thought it was probably just because it had been stood for a while. so yesterday i reset the ecu, which turned it off. however, i just drove home from work and noticed it;s come back on, so any ideas on what it's likely to be?

also it has the factory fitted sat nav, but it keeps loading up, then coming up with the message 'there is an error reading the dvd disc' or something to that effect. i have managed to get it working twice by ejecting/re-inserting the disc several times over, but 9 times out of 10 it goes to this message. the disc has light scratches, but nothing serious looking. i thought it could be needing a new disc, but i dnt rlly wanna fork out £50+ for one off ebay on the offchance. any ideas?

I'm now in my 3rd day of CTR ownership and im trying to sort some annoying niggles. when i bought it the engine/emissions light was on, but i thought it was probably just because it had been stood for a while. so yesterday i reset the ecu, which turned it off. however, i just drove home from work and noticed it;s come back on, so any ideas on what it's likely to be?

Where did you get the CTR from?

It was from a garage in halifax. i agreed to buy it as a trade sale, as i got it for £1200 less than the screen price, so i've agreed to no warranty. in any case. halifax is 50 odd miles away from me, so it's just easier for me to try and sort, as i need the car on a daily basis

It was from a garage in halifax. i agreed to buy it as a trade sale, as i got it for £1200 less than the screen price, so i've agreed to no warranty. in any case. halifax is 50 odd miles away from me, so it's just easier for me to try and sort, as i need the car on a daily basis

You need to get it checked out, there is a DIY method

Use this for list of fault codes.

http://www.k-series.com/dtc.html

Look here for how to read the code.

http://www.k-series.com/tech_document.php?id=37

Or get reamed off a stealer for them to check it ;)

You bought a car with the CEL light illuminated?? :eek: :evil:

Why on earth would you do that? :confused:

well i don't remember seeing it on when i drove it - i'm sure i would have noticed it. like i say, if i re-set the ecu, it goes off, but then will come back on again after a day or so, so there's obviously an issue somewhere.

Hmm, i was thinking that or the cat. i'll let you know how i get on.

any ideas on the sat nav?

I have a Honda sat nav too mate, its the facelift version, mine was making the same error, it is the disc im afraid. Mine was still under warranty so I had it replaced by Honda, still only gave me the '06 disc though:(

Something to do with it just sitting there getting hot then cold, all year around, what year is your CTR?

That would've been my guess also if you're not getting any clear signs of problems.

Does it have an after market exhaust fitted, particularly the manifold?

No, it's got the standard system. Took it round to the garage i ususally use today, he said the same thing - probable lambda sensor. gonna check it out for me next week.

with the sat nav - maybe it's not worth me trying a 2nd hand disc then, i guess it's likely to just be the same. i've heard new ones are £££££ tho :(

however, a new problem has reared its head today :mad: . my heater/blower has stopped working! it was fine before as i'd used it, but today...nothing. fuses seem ok.

(its a 2003 btw)

I would be taking the car back, there must be some rule and reg to do with fair trading...

Back