• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Engine management light came on after removing the induction kit!

Removed the HKS induction kit today and tried replacing it with OEM airbox, but did not eventually replace it...and refitted the hks system back in. Since then the engine light is on. I had previously replaced the air flow hose and no bother, the only difference this time was that i removed the crankcase breather tube. I drove the car around with the light on and it drives as it should.

I am thinking of unplugging the battery and see if that works. Need to speak to clifford alarm people first just in case unplugging the battery sends the system crazy or at worse immobilises the engine :confused::eek: BTW clifford alarm system was not my doing either.

Any suggestion would be most welcome, many thanks in advance.

How would I do that? Disconnecting the battery! Sorry I am a noob and I know it :( just learning things...

Cheers

The fuse box in the engine bay, Open the lid and look for the fuse which has a picture of the engine management light symbol. Pull the fuse out and put back in 30 seconds later.

Also ensure you've fitted the sensors etc.

The hks kit is fully back on, went for a drive etc after refitting it. Tried the fuse it didn't work the light is still on. Ensured all the tubes, fittings etc were all in.

The fuse box in the engine bay, Open the lid and look for the fuse which has a picture of the engine management light symbol. Pull the fuse out and put back in 30 seconds later.

Also ensure you've fitted the sensors etc.

What sensors are in question actually?

Ok, disconnecting the battery for 30mins sorted it, eml lights is now off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back