• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Engine management light (EP3 CTR)

So the engine management light has come on and stayed on, unsure why?

Car has plenty of fuel in it and nothing has changed recently, car is completley standard also? Any ideas before i take it to a garage?

Danny

Thanks for the replies lads.

I disconnected bthe battery to see if it would clear the fault on the interm, it has, however i suspect the light will return. From researching it it would maybe be o2 sensory related, secondary possibly as the car never went into limp mode etc!

I'll get it plugged in regardless!

Dont be paying £50 at a garage just for them to plug it in! Get yourself a bluetooth OBD2 reader or any OBD2 dongle off ebay first. Under a tenner and depending what the code is could save you a few quid

...Under a tenner and depending what the code is could save you a few quid

If you think it's something you'd be likely to use beyond this one-off I'd recommend something like the OBDLink LX (http://www.obdlink.com/lxbt/). It costs about the same as getting a reading from a garage, but has a much better setup overall, can be used more than once, can be left plugged in all the time, is faster, etc. This assumes you have an android phone because otherwise you'll need a wifi-based unit or to use a laptop with it (Apple, in their infinite wisdom, decided that people shouldn't be using BT for something beyond audio... *sigh*)

If you _do_ have an android phone/tablet though, then you can get Torque from the app store for not much money at all which is so much better than other apps I've used.

Apple, in their infinite wisdom, decided that people shouldn't be using BT for something beyond audio... *sigh*
Within reason, because it's one of the most cracked wireless technologies ever.

Within reason, because it's one of the most cracked wireless technologies ever.

Or they decided that they didn't see a reason to support Serial Port Protocol (and therefore have to maintain an additional set of code in their stack).

Sure, BT isn't the best protocol, but it's really quite useful in situations like this. Anyway, sorry, :eek:fftopic:

Back