• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Engine management light on after fitting RBC

Just fitted my RBC, Also did evap and iacv delete. now when i start up the engine management light is on, checked all wiring again and seems fine is this something that needs cleared when mapped? Also when you come off throttle back to idle the revs drop to approx 6-700 rpm and settle back up to 1000rpm

Pull fuse number 6 in the engine bay fusebox for 5 mins with the engine switched off. Replace it then take the car for a 10 min normal/easy drive with the lights, stereo and fans off and stop the car. Before you switch the car off leave it running until the fan comes on. This should reprogram the ecu and will sort out the low idle when coming to a stop. It does for me whenever my CTR idles poorly when coming to a junction.

Do you have KPro?

Fuse 6 take it thats for ecu? Didnt know the k20 ecu had a "learn" mode? Im not currently no, i have the k100 ready to go when i fit my 421

Cheers

Done the above and seems to of sorted the idle situation but yet the light is still on. Anyone else had this? Might have to get a code reader

It was the evap sensor causing the fault, showing open circuit as i had removed it. Just going to wait till mapping where it can be turned off in the ecu

Back