• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Engine management light on!

My EP3's engine management light came on last night, I was driving fairly hard, but it is a type r! Anyway, everything seems fine under the bonnet, I have tried the self diagnostics job (the bent paperclip trick) which came up a blank. I also reset the thing by removing fuse six. The reset worked but after three seconds of running, the light was back on... I had gone close to the wire with the fuel light on, but had also done 10 miles after filling up before the problem occured. I am wondering if anyone has any advice, as Honda want £84 just to do a diagnostics check!

Oh and the engine is idleing at very low rpm, as in about 500 rpm.
Any suggestions? Its booked in tomorrow, but advice as to what it might be would be nice! Im a little scared of honda's workshop rates!

If you've reset is and it's come back on again I would bite the bullet and take it to Honda.

Mine came on last week and I was convinced it was due to lack of fuel. Reset is and it hasn't come back on since. If it does I will take it to Honda to get it checked out.

£84 for a diagnostic check may be cheap in the long run rather than leaving it. It's just a gamble you have to take.

Back