• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

engine management light

had the car less than a month four times now the light has come on been back to dealer 3 times they just say checked and cleaned leads plugs etc getting a bit fed up now any one got any real sugestions as to what the problem may be :?:
only symptom is rough idle and a bit flat on initial acceleration

ps going back on tuesday to have sterring wheel alingment corrected after new rack fitted and to have scratch repaired :!:

any help before then much apriciated

Did they check the fault code when you took it back or did they just reset the ECU?

they did check codes I ment to put this on last night but forgot :oops:
the first time it related to overfueling pot 4 i think
second time overfueling all pots

I dont know what would cause over fuelling but shouldn't the dealership try and find the cause of the over fuelling?

I would push them into finding out the cause, especially if you are still under warranty.

they dont seem to have much idea about any thing :!: :!: :!:
the girl at the desk said it might be that black fuse box thingy under the bonet :shock: :shock:
realy inspires confedence they have last chance on tuesday to sort out or am going to find new dealer

at last result from dealer on light comming on :D

they found a faulty injector :? shame it took 3 visits with same symptoms

dy53type-r said:
at last result from dealer on light comming on :D

they found a faulty injector :? shame it took 3 visits with same symptoms

Suggest you visit a different dealer next time mate, sounds like John Wayne is the workshop controller and Billy the Kid is the Senior Technician !!!

Back