• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Engine misfiring

Normally after a few minutes of driving from cold or when at low revs in a high gear. The car splutters and feels like it's starving for fuel, then when you rev it, it msifires.

Did a bit of research and it could be the ignition coil. Anyone else experience a similar problem and how much is it to replace an ignition coil?

Is your CEL light illuminated? A missfire should be logged on the ECU iirc.

Does it go away after you drive for a bit?? If so I would doubt it would be the coil pack.........

How many miles has the spark plugs been in the car? Might be worth taking them out and having a quick look..... but then again if you had duff plugs it would happen all the time.......

The misfire doesn't happen that often and normally its just the once or twice in a journey. But I noticed the car does feel sluggish and jerky when changing gears.

It's only been about 5k seen my last major service, but I did take it down to ABP so that could explain it :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have heard of this problem before but can't think for the life of me what you do to fix it........ :mad: Not much help I know but I'm sure someone will come along soon and tell you.

I have heard of this problem before but can't think for the life of me what you do to fix it........ :mad: Not much help I know but I'm sure someone will come along soon and tell you.

Me too mate and all I can think of is the fuel filter after the tank being clogged.

Some sensor or something rings to mind with me......... :smt102

But then again I might be thinking about an idleing problem :lol:

Head is full of too much junk........

Idleing is normally the throttle control valve on the IM. Could be a numebr of things really but sounds like a fueling problem to me.

As above, I'm fairly certain that if the engine misfires then it will log a fault on the ECU.

It will log itself in the ECU...
Ive found Hondas esp. benefit from a regular fuel filter and plug change!
As for the misfire, id start off by changing the plugs, if they havent been changed, then if it persists then get the memories read, could be a coil pack messing around or shitty injector!

I dont want to come across chauvenistic or anything but it is quite refreshing hearing a women speak about cars with some actual knowledge .... I hope that comes across as it should. (i.e. a compliment)

I dont want to come across chauvenistic or anything but it is quite refreshing hearing a women speak about cars with some actual knowledge .... I hope that comes across as it should. (i.e. a compliment)

Thats actually the coolest thing anyones said in a long time, most people dont see it like that! Thank you!;) It proves Im doin my job right!

I still think it could be one of the coil packs playing up, sounds like it happens when the engine is under load.

Also has the car had the throttle bypass mod done ??

Back