• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Engine MOD Question????

Hey guys I am really keen to do some engine upgrades. Cams and all the supporting stuff for the cams, toda headers and bigger throttle body and manifold.

I just want to know after all theses mods am I going to have any problems with the gearbox, drive shafts or diff??

Do they need to be upgraded also or will they hold up just fine??

They'll be fine if you are staying NA unless the clutch is on it's way out but that a good condition OEM one would still be fine.

If you are spending that money though you would be daft not to throw an LSD in there at some point.

You'd still have relatively low torque so the transmission doesn't really struggle. Obviously if you don't have any mechanical sympathy with the car you can break them on a standard setup, .i.e. lots of hard standing starts, burn outs etc.

[Yerr okay sweet. I just don't want to do all this work then blow everthing else.

But I woildient drive the car hard all the time.

Back