• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Engine Mods

I've asked before on here about engine mods but i was wondering if anyone can help?

My FN2 is currently running at around 228bhp with a milltek exhaust, fd2 throttle body, skunk2 inlet manifold, induction kit and re-map all done at TDi North

I am considering having the Skunk2 Series 1 tuner cams fitted but are wondering if the gains will be noticeable or if other parts are going of more benefit

I'm taking it to the nurburgring in August so am looking to try and get the work done before then

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I had Skunk2 Stage 1 cams fitted. As they are quite aggressive I was advised to get the Skunk2 valve springs done too which I did, but the chain tensioner then became the weak point and that failed after 12k on mine. I got 237 bhp and 180 ftlb with pretty much the same mods as you plus a Tegiwa header and FD2 balancer shaft delete kit.

Personally, I think you would be better with some proper drop in cams, like TDi-North's ones for example!

You've also not mentioned a decat race header? I'm not saying cams aren't worth it without, but you'll be restricting what they can do if you are leaving the standard manifold and cat in place.

Cheers mate, will definately give the de-cat some thought, i just want to get as much bang for my buck as possible and its nice to make mine a bit different to all the others

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

A decat header will cost a lot less than the cams and give you a lot more mid range. Both together would be a big big difference but you're looking at over £2k fitted and mapped for both.

Just a quick thought - you could also go for some used FD2 cams. That'll save you a good bit of cash over the TDI North ones and will still get you pretty decent power with the right supporting mods.

Back